Amazon Echo Alexa is now available in a variety of versions. This is the most reliable option available to expand music as it supports so many features like digital assistant abilities and smart home features. Along with these features, you can also play music, browse the web, get instant weather reports, create a shopping list and do a lot more other tasks, all you have to do is complete the Alexa Setup WiFi on your device. In this guide, we are going to share the simple instructions that can help you in connecting the Amazon Alexa to the wifi.
Connect Alexa to WiFi
Consider the following requirements before setting up the device:
- Plugin your Amazon Alexa device to the power outlet.
- Open the Alexa app.
- Within the Amazon Alexa app, go to the left navigation panel and click on the Settings.
Now, you need to choose your device and then ‘Update Wifi’ option. If you want to add a new device to the account, click on Setup a new device option.
- On your Alexa device, you need to press and hold the ‘Action’ button until you see that the light ring color is changing to the orange. Your smartphone device will get connected to Amazon Echo and the list of all available wifi networks will appear on the application.
Your Alexa app may ask you to connect the device manually to the Alexa Echo device via wifi settings.
- Select your wifi network and enter the password. If your wifi network is not appearing in the list, click on the ‘Add Network’ option or Rescan.
- If you want to add the Alexa device to the router’s list of approved devices, then you can scroll down and check the MAC address.
- Optional – You can save the password if you want. Any wifi password saved at the time of setup will appear automatically when you connect the Alexa Echo device to the same wireless network.
- Click on the Connect option to connect to the wifi network. Once your Amazon Echo device is connected to the wireless network, a confirmation message will appear on your screen. YourAlexa Setup Wifi is now complete and the Echo device is ready to use.
So, follow these simple guidelines and complete the Alexa setup over the wireless network without any hassle.
Unable to Alexa Setup WiFi:
By following the aforementioned instructions, you can complete Alexa Setup WiFi without any hassle. But, if you are unable to connect the Alexa to the wireless network, you can follow the given troubleshooting guidelines to fix the problem:
- Restart the router and modem.
- Restart your Alexa enabled devices.
- Reset the Alexa device to its factory settings.
- Try to update the router or firmware.
- Check and make sure that you have entered the correct wifi password.
Hopefully, these troubleshooting guidelines will fix your problem. In case, you are unable to do so, you can take professional assistance from the experts and complete the process without any hassle.