Amazon has successfully launched a product range known as Amazon Echo. This smart speaker comes with Alexa smart support and capable of doing all beyond the user’s imagination. In order to use the Amazon Echo device, you need to Set up Alexa Echo 2nd Generation by following the simple step by step instructions. This device has influenced the tech world up to a greater extent and moving forward like a storm. Amazon Alexa Echo voice-activated and internet-connected allows the users to perform the different tasks just by using the voice commands. Once you set up your device, you can perform plenty of day to day tasks using the Amazon Echo device. In this guide, we are going to share the simple step by step instructions that can help you to complete Amazon Echo Dot setup for your device.
The installation procedure is very simple, convenient for users and hassle-free. Just place your Amazon Echo device in Central locations like your bedroom, living room or kitchen and make sure that you keep the device at least 8 inches away from the walls and Windows.
Following are the step by step guidelines to complete the Amazon Echo second-generation setup:
- In order to take advantage of Alexa Echo amenities, you need to download the Amazon Alexa app. You can download the Amazon Alexa app on tablet and Smartphones with:
Fire OS 3.0 version or higherAndroid 4.4 version or higher.IOS 8.0 or higher.
- Now, plug in the power adaptor into your Amazon Echo device and then to the power outlet. Once you turn on your Amazon Echo, the ring light on the device will change to blue and then orange. When the ring light is orange, your Amazon Echo device will greet you.
- Now you need to get connected to the Wi-Fi to use the smart services. You have to follow the instructions on your Amazon Alexa app to connect the device to the wireless network.
- Once you are done with these steps, you are ready to use the device as per your needs. For using the Amazon Echo services, you have to call it using the wake word before your command. Amazon responds to the wake word, and if you do not use it, you won’t be able to access the Alexa services. If you want, you can even change the wake word.
Change the Wake Word
To change the wake word, you can simply say, “Alexa, change the wake word”. You can also use the Amazon Alexa app to change the wake word. Just go to the menu and choose your Alexa device, then choose your Echo device and choose the wake word as per your choice. Here are the steps to follow to change the wake word:
- Go to the ‘main’ menu.
- Choose settings.
- Select your Amazon Echo device.
- Scroll to the down and select your wake word.
- From the Drop menu, choose your Wayward and hit the save button.
We hope that these simple steps will help to change the wake word of your Amazon Echo device.
So these are some simple guidelines that can help you to how to Set Up amazon Echo 2nd Generation devices. The mentioned steps are very simple and easy to follow. However, if you are still not able to use the Alexa services, we recommend you contact the export and take care of the assistant to find and fix the problem and complete the setup process without any hassle.